Temporary Inventory Assistant
Temporary Inventory Assistant
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we’re seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
The Temporary Inventory Assistant completes activities related to the inventory oversight process in the SAP System (financial database). Primary responsibility is to record inventory movements in SAP through batch record reviews, reconciling inventory quantities from the different storage locations, updating or creating new master data and assisting Inventory Manager as required. Supports Commercial Supply Chain with the creation of purchase orders from production planning and assisting global logistics with inventory information. A strong ability to be organized and meet timelines is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews batch record information from CMO to preform inventory movements in SAP
• Reviews inventory integration reports and ensures all errors have been resolved and integrated to the system.
• Reviews inventory reports from CMO’s and warehouse locations and reconciles with SAP inventory
• Provides analysis of differences between inventory reports from CMO and SAP inventory
• Reviews production plan outputs and creates Purchase Orders from those plans
• Maintains Master Data Records in SAP
• Maintains supporting documents for inventory movements
• Reviews invoices for payment and rectifies accounts payable discrepancies relating to department purchase orders
• Reviews and updates master data information in SAP
• Performs Inventory Counts at warehouse locations as needed
• BS/BA degree in related discipline or one year of related experience; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with direct purchasing and inventory movements is desired but not required
• SAP Materials Management experience is desired but not required
• Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams
• Strong Microsoft Office skills: specifically in Excel is required
• Detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy and completeness
• Organizes and prioritizes numerous tasks and completes them under time constraints
• Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations
• Ability to use a computer and adapt to program changes efficiently
• Ability to follow step by step instructions, working instructions, and or SOP’s