Exelixis Update on COVID-19
The global Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is evolving rapidly, and we are monitoring the situation closely. We have a robust business continuity program in place and are moving decisively to implement the policies and procedures necessary to ensure patients continue to receive the medicines they need and protect our employees’ health and safety.
Our Medicines and Clinical Trials
We do not expect there to be an impact on the availability of either of our commercial products (CABOMETYX® and COMETRIQ®) as we maintain a substantial amount of stock throughout our broad and diverse supply chain.
We have ongoing investigational studies at clinical trial sites across the globe. We are monitoring how COVID-19 may impact this research.
Patients taking Exelixis medicines who have questions or concerns about their treatment plan should talk to their doctors. For any additional questions, please contact Exelixis Medical Information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-292-3935.
The health and safety of our staff members remains our top priority. We have instituted several policies to protect against the spread of the disease which will remain in effect until further notice. These include:
- Suspending all international business travel and restricting all non-critical domestic travel. These restrictions apply to all Exelixis employees, business partners, contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Suspending attendance at medical congresses, conferences and other large events.
- Canceling all non-essential gatherings, discouraging off-site meetings and limiting attendance for critical meetings.
- Circulating the latest guidelines from the World Health Organization about who is most at risk and best practices for minimizing exposure.
- Disinfecting commonly used spaces in our office several times a day.
- Encouraging employees to work from home to minimize the likelihood of viral transmission at our headquarters.
Exelixis continues to monitor the global coronavirus situation very closely and will react accordingly with regard to our business operations and the safety and well-being of our employees. As the situation continues to evolve, we will follow guidance from global and local health authorities and update our policies as appropriate.
The statements in this notice relating to the availability of Exelixis’ commercial products, business plans and commitments are forward-looking statements that involve many risks and uncertainties. Our actual results could differ materially from those contained in these forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including those discussed in Part I, Item 1A—“Risk Factors” included in the Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on February 25, 2020, and in Exelixis’ future filings with the SEC. All forward-looking statements in this notice are based on information available to Exelixis as of the date of this notice, and Exelixis undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements contained herein.