Senior Workday Technology Manager
The Senior HCM Technology Manager is a hands-on techno-functional role to lead software development and operations (DevOps) delivery for the HR function. From a development perspective, this role will ensure new capabilities, features, reports, and integration are delivered with high quality in line with the strategic business roadmap and HR calendar of events (semi-annual, annual, payroll updates). As part of Operations, this role will ensure technology-related tickets are addressed at a fast pace and drive continuous service improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role is expected to run HR DevOps in agile ways of working with a focus on user-centricity and value/outcomes delivered for business and end users.
- Lead the exploration, evaluation, recommendation, design, and configuration of new features, functionalities, and security for HCM and associated modules within Workday.
- Analyze HR and Payroll process design, integrations, reporting, and workflow, and build out technological capabilities in line with the strategic needs of the business.
- Effectively collaborate with teams such as HR, Talent, Recruiting, Technology, Finance, and others to provide support for requests such as enhancements, defects, and new functionality.
- Lead and run design workshops to holistically map data flows, integrations, and changes for user personas.
- Provide best-in-class end-to-end solution recommendations and promote best practices for Workday Business Process design, workflow, and enhancements to the business.
- Create functional and technical systems documentation.
- Perform workday configuration changes (HCM, recruiting, benefits, learning and development, compensation, DEI, etc)
- Develop, create, and maintain a variety of Workday reports utilizing Workday Report Writer.
- Manage existing and new functionality and integrations in Workday HCM working with the other systems owners and internal/vendor technical teams.
- Manage the Testing/Validations for Workday system changes (Releases, Fixes, and Enhancements).
- Manage Workday's release/updates process; perform fit and gap analysis on Workday processes and upcoming features that impact the overarching structure of our Workday ecosystem.
- Manage and review work performed by external consultants/providers and ensures high-quality and on-time delivery.
- Monitor and report on SLAs for operations
- Proactively advises and presents plan to IT and Business leadership on ways to continuous improvement to reduce inefficiencies in processes and improve end-user experience.
- Recommend and implement policies on reporting standards and offer technical solutions to gain process efficiency and improve data integrity.
- Partner with stakeholders (internal/external to HR) to understand new report/data requirements and ensures results meet the business needs within Workday.
- Educate and promote self-service reporting functionality with end users by utilizing various communication and training methodologies.
- Directing work only (no direct reports, but directing work to a CMO, Consultant or 3rd party)
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- ·Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and nine years of related experience; or
- ·Master’s degree in related discipline and seven years of related experience; or
- ·PhD degree in related discipline and two years of related experience; or
- ·Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent configuration experience across Workday modules, including business process and security framework configuration
- Experience in HCM technology-related development and maintenance
- Experience in Workday configuration
- Experience in working with teams in onshore-offshore model
- Experience working in Agile and sound knowledge of scrum methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR Event Calendar, programs, including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Customer service oriented with a passion for improved employee experience.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data accuracy when handling employee information.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting or independently in a dynamically changing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of agile processes
- Thorough knowledge of performing demand and capacity planning
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to understand and interpret stakeholder requirements & translate into meaningful metrics and reports
- Working knowledge of SLAs for Ops support.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with high attention to detail; demonstrated strength in problem-solving and multi-tasking.
- Exposure to budgets and invoicing for external providers
·Environment: primarily working indoors in an office environment
·Highly dynamic environment, with out-of-office hours and weekend work need at short notice.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The base pay range for this position is $150,000 - $213,000 annually. The base pay range may take into account the candidate’s geographic region, which will adjust the pay depending on the specific work location. The base pay offered will take into account the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, experience and internal equity, among other factors.In addition to the base salary, as part of our Total Rewards program, Exelixis offers comprehensive employee benefits package, including a 401k plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus program, or if field sales staff, a sales-based incentive plan. Exelixis also offers employees the opportunity to purchase company stock, and receive long-term incentives, 15 accrued vacation days in their first year, 17 paid holidays including a company-wide winter shutdown in December, and up to 10 sick days throughout the calendar year.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.